Verizon has started distributing Marshmallow update to their Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The update, which carries the firmware number: N910VVRU2CPD1, bundles all of the standard functionality you’d expect to find baked into Android 6.0.1, in addition to a handful of optimizations for native Samsung applications and compatibility for the operator’s Wi-Fi Calling service.
Verizon Galaxy Note 4 Marshmallow Update Changelog
This software update brings the latest Android™ Marshmallow OS along with Wi-Fi Calling, App icon update, Ultra High Quality Audio and Android for Work.
Android’s latest OS. Major features include:
- Now on Tap anticipates what you need in the moment. With a simple tap, you can get cards with useful information and apps that feed your need to know.
- When your device is at rest, Doze automatically puts it into a sleep state, preserving your battery charge.
- No need to give apps access all the time. Android Marshmallow lets you define what you want to share and when. Turn permissions off at any time, too.
You can make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network, helping you stay connected if cellular service isn’t available.
- It’s included at no additional charge with your existing plan and device
- Use your own phone number to make and receive calls
- Wi-Fi calls to US numbers are free, even while traveling outside the US
You can activate Wi-Fi Calling directly on your device. Go to Settings > Advanced Calling > Activate Advanced Calling
Once Advanced Calling is active, you can turn on HD Voice and Wi-Fi Calling from the same settings.
A fresh look and design
A new design of app icons and folder
Ultra-High-Quality Audio- UHQA (Hi-Fi Audio)
Your favorite tunes have never sounded better on a Samsung smartphone. This breakthrough audio technology takes select music files and enhances the richness and detail.
- Improved sound quality for any file type
- Audiophile level sound quality
- Every note from your playlists and punch lines from your favorite videos are brought to life with crisp audio
Android for Work:
This update supports Android for Work, the world’s most popular mobile platform. To learn more, go to https://www.google.com/work/android/